The Education Law Association welcomes attorneys, professors, school and university administrators, teachers, public officials, consultants, education writers, and other education professionals and stakeholders who are interested in legal issues in education. We also welcome undergraduate, graduate, and law students. Our uniquely diverse membership represents K-12 and higher education law, law schools and colleges of education, public and private schools, plaintiff- and defense-side practice, and labor and management from across the U.S., Canada, and farther abroad. The Education Law Association is the “Big Tent” of education law!
Included with Membership
All members, regardless of membership type, receive the following benefits:
- Social Learning Community. Full access to EducationLaw.org includes access to the social learning community, membership directory, and mobile app.
- Sections. Full access to Sections of the Education Law Association. Sections convene active members of the Education Law Association to advance the study, teaching, research, and practice of a specific subfield within education law. Sections sponsor social events, programs at the annual meeting, and continuing education webinars to advance the practice of law or administration. Sections also feature resources to advance the teaching of law and support students through mentorship programs.
- Periodicals. Full access to informative digital periodicals on a wide range of topics such as K-12/higher education/Supreme Court case summaries, practical legal analysis in case commentaries, and peer-reviewed Education Law Into Practice articles. Members also have free access to law review articles from West’s Education Law Reporter.
- Newsstand. Full access to news about the Education Law Association, it’s members and information about professional opportunities and other education law news.
- Merchandise Discounts. A 10 percent discount on all branded merchandise at the EducationLaw.org Bookstore.
- Conference Discounts. Steep discounts on registration for the Education Law Association’s annual conference.
- Education Discounts. Free or discounted admission to Education Law Association’s webinars.
All membership subscriptions are automatically renewed each year.